If you’re a snorer, you know how annoying it can be to your loved ones (and to yourself). You may have tried a variety of things to stop snoring, but nothing seems to work. Mouthpieces are one option that can be effective if you want to reduce or stop snoring. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how ZQuiet can help and why it may be the answer to your snoring problem.
What’s Your Snoring Type?
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll know that snoring is caused by several different factors, which include sleep position, weight, alcohol consumption, and smoking. Any of these may be the only reason why you snore, but there may also be other factors causing you to snore. So, before you can find a snoring remedy, you need to pinpoint exactly what type of snoring you have:
- Mouth-based snoring is a type of snoring caused by an airway obstruction and can be due to a variety of things, including a deviated septum, enlarged tonsils, or a blockage in the nose.
- Nose-based snoring occurs when the airway is restricted due to a blockage in the nose. This can be caused by a variety of things, including the common cold, allergies, or even a deviated septum. While nose-based snoring is not as common as mouth- based snoring, it can be just as loud and disruptive.
- Throat-based occurs when the muscles in your throat relax and collapse, blocking the airway and causing the tissues to vibrate. This can lead to loud snoring and can even cause sleep apnoea.
- Tongue-based snoring occurs when the tongue falls back into the throat and blocks the airway. This can occur due to anatomic abnormalities, and sleep apnoea.
If you’re any of the above snorer, you’re in luck because the ZQuiet mouthpiece is designed specifically for you.
What is ZQuiet?
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is a type of mandibular advancement device (MAD) that simply moves the lower jaw forward slightly, preventing the tongue from falling back and blocking the airway. You wear it at night, although it may take a little time before you get used to it. Simply pop it in when you go to bed and remove when you get up in the morning.
An acrylic mouthguard-like device with separate components that fit over the upper and lower teeth, it is custom-made to fit and incorporates small fins and screws to allow micro- adjustments of the appliance, as well as enabling the wearer to open and close their mouth while wearing it.
According to the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, mandibular advancement devices are most likely to help those with:
- Mild to moderate sleep apnoea
- Receding jaw structure (retrognathic mandible)
- Sleep apnoea that improves when sleeping on their side
- Young people
Things you Need to know when Using ZQuiet
Most of the symptoms associated with using the ZQuiet mouthpiece are normal during the adjustment period, and continued use should dissipate. They include:
- Tooth or gum discomfort
- Initial excessive salivation
- Tooth movement or changes in dental occlusion
- Pain or soreness in the temporomandibular joints (TMJs)
- Aching facial muscles or headaches
Does the ZQuiet Require Any Maintenance?
Not particularly—although there are some dos and don’ts about cleaning and storing the appliance.
How to clean your ZQuiet Mouthpiece
Do keep the ZQuiet clean and germ-free. It should be cleaned after each use to remove bacteria and germs. With a soft toothbrush, brush all surfaces of the appliance using soap or cleaner designed for dental appliances—not toothpaste as this is abrasive and can scratch the surfaces of the ZQuiet. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft towel.
Store your appliance at room temperature in its case to prevent damage.
Do not bleach your ZQuiet appliance or soak it in a mouthwash that contains alcohol. These are harsh solvents that can degrade acrylic, leading to cloudiness and microfractures of your appliance, damaging its integrity.
Do not expose your appliance to excessive heat or boiling water, which may warp and distort the acrylic, rendering it unusable.
How Long Will the ZQuiet Mouthpiece Last?
The ZQuiet appliance is made from the highest quality materials and custom-made to fit your mouth comfortably. Provided you take care of your mouthpiece, the workmanship and materials are warrantied against defects for 3 years.
Where To Get the ZQuiet Mouthpiece
If you or your partner are embarrassed or just fed up with your tongue-based snoring, give the Z-Quiet mouthpiece a try. It could be the easiest decision you ever made to stop snoring. Check Zquiet Here with 30% discount offer.
They also have a range of Noise Reduction/Cancellation Earbuds for the partners who are on the receiving end of snoring!
Natural Ways to Stop Snoring:
If you want to trying few natural ways to stop snoring then check our page on Natural Way to Stop Snoring. Am sure that you will find something in here that will work for you but it would require patience and persistence.